This is a simple tent-fold card using the Four Frames and Strength & Hope stamp sets from the new 2011 mini catalogue. This was the Make and Take project for the Mini Catalogue open house launch party.
Cardstock & Ink
- Soft Suede cardstock - ½ A4 sheet lengthwise and ink pad
- Pink Pirouette cardstock - 1 small piece
- Whisper White cardstock - 1 small piece
- Old Olive cardstock - 1 piece A6 height x 1â width
Accessories & Other Items
- Cut a piece of A4 Soft Suede cardstock in half vertically, then fold each piece in half to create an A6 tent-fold card blank.
- Cut a piece of Old Olive cardstock to A6 height by 1â wide and stick to the centre of the card blank using SNAIL adhesive.
- Stamp the flower image from the Four Frames stamp set onto Whisper White cardstock using Soft Suede ink. Punch out the stamped image using the Decorative Label Punch.
- Stick the frame vertically to the centre of the width of the Old Olive stripe using SNAIL adhesive. Place the frame towards the top of the card.
- Stamp the words from the Strength & Hope stamp set on the lower portion of the card using Soft Suede ink.
- Punch a butterfly from Pink Pirouette cardstock using the Butterfly Extra-Large punch. Stick to the frame at an angle between the flowers in the frame using Stampinâ Dimensionals.
- Add three Basic Rhinestones to the butterfly to form the body, and your card is complete! (N.B. Using the strip of connected rhinestones will make it easier to line them up on the butterfly and will be quicker to apply.)
This project is very quick and easy to do, and the design and concept can be applied for more complex cards if required. It’s a great starting point for non-crafters or non-stampers to get a fabulous result quickly. It went down a storm at the launch party.